Oncorus, Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company developing a next-generation immunotherapy platform to treat cancer. Oncorus was founded by MPM Managing Director, Mitchell H. Finer, PhD, a well-known biotechnology entrepreneur. Oncorus is a leader in corporate philanthropy, and has taken a pledge to donate a portion of product sales to fund promising cancer research and to support cancer care in the developing world. We are located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Research Associate, Analytical Sciences. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant impact as a scientifically motivated self-starter capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal supervision.
Day to Day Accountabilities and Opportunities
- Perform full analytical testing to support product characterization
- Analytical methods will include plaque forming assays, titer assay, cell based assays, ELISA, qPCR and gel electrophoresis
- Provide additional analytical support for assay optimization, development, qualification and technology transfer
- Work closely with upstream and downstream teams to support process development and product characterization
- Identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency needed to meet critical corporate objectives, encompassing the areas of analytical method development
- Generate and manage method protocols, data and reports
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or closely related field is required
- At least 2 years of post-degree research experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Biotech experience is strongly preferred (cell and gene therapy, virology or biologics preferred)
- Experience working in a regulated environment is a plus
- Experience working in an analytical science, quality control or R&D setting
- Relevant experience working with biomacromolecules (viruses, VLPs, RNA, DNA, proteins, mAbs)
- Demonstrated proficiency with multiple analytical methods
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment
- Strong communication and organization skills, good working knowledge of MS office, data plotting and graphing software
- Displays a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust and integrity.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal supervision
- A strong presenter and communicator, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Someone who thrives on making a difference, as well as living with some ambiguity and change as we get off the ground
- Someone who gets excited by a lean organization and never says or likes hearing “that’s not my job”
- Someone who enjoys a transparent, respectful and innovative environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: commensurate with role and experience
Oncorus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, unlimited vacation and much more.