Oncorus, Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company developing a next-generation immunotherapy
platform to treat cancer. Oncorus was founded by MPM Managing Director, Mitchell H. Finer, PhD, a
well-known biotechnology entrepreneur. Oncorus is a leader in corporate philanthropy, and has taken
a pledge to donate a portion of product sales to fund promising cancer research and to support
cancer care in the developing world. We are located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Research Associate,
Pharmacology. Reporting to the Senior Director, Pharmacology and Toxicology, this is a fantastic
opportunity to make a significant impact as a scientifically motivated self-starter capable of
independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal
Day to Day Accountabilities and Opportunities
- Plans and executes in vitro and ex vivo pharmacological assays to assess the activity of novel oncolytic viral therapies.
- Works independently and determines methods and techniques on new or difficult assignments.
- Participates in all phases of laboratory operations including experimentation, technology evaluation, cell-based assay and sample preparation methods, data analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Effectively collaborates with colleagues in molecular biology, CMC and immunology to prioritize and plan experiments.
- Participates in group meetings and presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- BS/MS in a biological science is required.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of research experience in an academic or industry environment.
- Skilled in standard molecular and cell biology techniques such as cell culture, ELISA, qPCR, Western blotting, etc.
- Hands-on experience with cloning and viral replication experiments is a plus.
- Must be able to write, edit and follow standard operating procedures, make careful observations, and keep clear and complete records of work.
- Prior research experience with in vivo mouse tumor models is a plus.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal supervision
- A strong presenter and communicator, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and team- oriented environment
- Someone who thrives on making a difference, as well as living with some ambiguity and change as we get off the ground
- Someone who gets excited by a lean organization and never says or likes hearing “that’s not my job”
- Someone who enjoys a transparent, respectful and innovative environment