Oncorus, Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company developing a next-generation immunotherapy
platform to treat cancer. Oncorus was founded by MPM Managing Director, Mitchell H. Finer, PhD, a
well-known biotechnology entrepreneur. Oncorus is a leader in corporate philanthropy, and has taken
a pledge to donate a portion of product sales to fund promising cancer research and to support
cancer care in the developing world. We are located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Scientist, In Vivo
Pharmacology. Reporting to the Senior Director, Pharmacology/Toxicology, this is a fantastic
opportunity to make a significant impact as a scientifically motivated self-starter capable of
independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal
Day to Day Accountabilities and Opportunities
- Design, develop and execute pre-clinical disease models to generate in vivo pharmacology data to the development of novel oncolytic viruses, including efficacy, tolerability, PK/PD and biomarker endpoints.
- Serves as an integral member of research project teams, responsible for providing progress on in vivo studies and future plans.
- Effectively collaborates with colleagues in molecular biology, CMC and Immunology to prioritize and plan critical experiments.
- Build capacity/functionality of the Pharmacology group by ensuring the latest methodologies and technologies are considered and adopted as applicable.
- Manage and collaborate with external CROs to oversee in vivo pharmacology studies as needed.
- Prepare technical and regulatory reports to support project reviews, publications and IND submissions.
- Works independently and determines methods and techniques on new or difficult assignments.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires comprehensive evaluation of many factors.
- Possess and remain updated on relevant scientific literature, applying external knowledge to internal drug discovery programs as appropriate.
- A Ph.D. in life sciences with a strong focus on in vivo pharmacology/immunology. Exceptional non-PhDs with demonstrated capabilities and/or significant experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of research experience in the field of in vivo pharmacology, specifically in the areas of oncology, immuno-oncology and/or virology.
- Prior work experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry with a proven track record in design and execution of in vivo experiments to drive drug discovery therapeutic pipelines, including regulatory milestones.
- Strong research experience with in vivo mouse tumor models.
- Hands-on experience in relevant ex vivo experimental and molecular biology techniques such as culture, histopathology, flow cytometry and biochemical assays is a plus.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Someone who thrives on making a difference, as well as living with some ambiguity and change as we get off the ground.
- A strategic thinker who doesn’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting behind an initiative.
- Someone who gets excited by a lean organization and never says or likes hearing “that’s not my job.”
- Someone who enjoys a transparent, respectful and innovative environment.